WIPjoy is a series of questions and prompts are from Bethany A. Jennings (on Instagram, Twitter, and her website) for writers to answer about their work-in-progress. I was late to the January party, and I don’t want to wait until the next one, so I’m doing the first 28 prompts through February!
The WIP (work in progress) I’ll post about is The Pilgrimage. I’m well on my way to having the draft done and ready for intense revisions, so I figure now is the perfect time to shout my love and joy for this project. I’ll be posting daily, but they’ll be very short posts!
Week 1: Introductions
- Introduce your WIP.
- Why does your protagonist pull at your heartstrings?
- How do you get to know your characters?
- Share a line about your premise!
- How easy is this WIP to write?
- Which character is hardest to write?
- Tell us about YOU and your work!
Week 2: Relationships
- Who’s your protagonist’s best friend?
- How did the main characters meet?
- Anyone suffering from a broken heart?
- Share a line about love or hatred.
- What was your antagonist’s past like?
- What’s a message about relationships in your book?
- Which characters get along the worst?
Week 3: A Few of My Favourite Things
- At its best, my WIP’s dialogue is…
- I love how I describe things when…
- I love how I depict characters because…
- Share an example of your best prose!
- I love my world/setting because…
- The relationship I root most for is…
- I’m most impatient to hear reader reactions to…
Week 4: Character Takeover (Roleplaying!)
- Describe yourself in five words.
- One thing you’d change in your past?
- Favourite way to relax?
- A line you were proud to say.
- Tell us about where you live.
- Do you sympathise with (or relate to) the antagonist?
- What are you self-conscious about?