As an editor, I strive to enhance the best parts about your project. I boast thorough feedback, when applicable, and a quick turnaround rate. I utilise Word, InDesign, and Photoshop (depending, of course, on what we’re working on!) in order to provide the most professional work possible.
For substantive edits, I focus on structure, overarching themes, characterisation, and plot. For proofreading and line edits, I aim to showcase the writer’s unique style and structure while adhering to grammatical norms (AKA rules!) and formats.
Services are available for the following genres:
- Young Adult, and New Adult literature
- Literary fiction
- LGBTQA fiction
- includes paranormal, urban, high, and contemporary
- includes steampunk, dieselpunk, cyberpunk, and dystopia
- Speculative fiction
- Cross-genre fiction
- Non-fiction (memoirs, creative non-fiction, cookbooks)
- Academic writing (essays, dissertations, research papers)
- Poetry and poetry collections of various forms
This is not an exhaustive or exclusive list! Contact me if you have a project outside the outlined genres, and we’ll see if I am a good fit for you and your work. I reserve the right to refuse projects due to sexism, racism, transphobia, and other harmful bigotry. I am also unable to work on horror or thriller projects at this time.
Contact me for a sample 3 – 5 page edit, free of charge, so you get a feel for my style!
- Grammar checking (verb tense, subject-verb agreement, etc.)
- Spelling errors and correction
- Punctuation and typo correction
- No commentary on story, structure, character, etc.
- Cost: $1.00 per 250 words
Copy & Line Editing
- Grammatical, spelling, and punctuation consistency
- Factual consistency (real world facts as well as fictional world facts)
- Line edits for sentence structure and style
- Cost: $1.50 per 250 words
- Commentary and feedback on plot, character, theme, structure, worldbuilding, pacing, dialogue, and more
- 4 weeks committed to your manuscript
- 2 or more rounds of edits and feedback
- Editorial notes included in a document separate from your manuscript
- Cost: Determined by manuscript; average $2.00 per 250 words
Price Rates & Details
- 250 words equates to one page formatted as follows: double-spaced, Times New Roman, 8.5″ x 11″ size with 1″ margins.
- Cost will be calculated by page count and word count, and charged based on the lowest rate.
- I am extremely flexible regarding budget and financial situations. Contact me, and if we’re a good fit, we can work out an option that suits both of us. However, I am unable to work for free.
- I accept USD or CAD payments through PayPal.
I am available for the following services in book design:
- interior layout/formatting
- cover & jacket layout
- cover & jacket design
These services require a free consultation of some kind, so please get in touch! Rates vary by project, but can range from $50.00 to $500.00 and beyond, depending on aspects such as intricacy, number of revisions, manuscript size, etc.
Get In Touch
Feel free to contact me on my website, or send me an @ or DM on Twitter! We can discuss your project, arrange a free 3 – 5 page edit, and get to know one another. You can also contact me for fine print details, general inquiries, and experience credentials. I am open to combining services for larger packages at discount rates!
Information subject to change. This page last revised on 23 February, 2017.