Thanks for visiting my blog! My name is Coryl, like “coral reef” but spelled differently. I’ve been blogging on this domain since 2010, but like all good things in life, it grew, died, and reincarnated as I have changed and grown. My adoration for posting words and digital art have remained constant. “CorylDork” is my personal, digital phoenix.
My blog focuses on creative writing, mental health, bullet journalling, topical issues, and my daily life; I consider it a nicheless lifestyle blog.
I have a BA in Spanish Language, English Literature, and Creative Writing. I adore language, whether it’s writing it, translating it, reading it, or editing it. I write, and am working on being published one day. I love helping other writers, so if you want to hire me for editing or designing, get in contact with me!
One day, I hope to visit Japan to see the village where my great-grandmother worked when she saw the A-bomb; visit a shinto shrine; and eat pork cutlet bowls until I burst. Until then, I’ll write stories, make art, and read books while constantly trying to be a better person.
Here is a quick list of quirky facts about me:
- I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I’m a sucker for lemon pastries and desserts.
- I have a penchant for art and graphic design.
- I have seen and loved every Studio Ghibli feature film. (Yes, even Tales From Earthsea.)
- I’m Canadian! Born and raised, most likely staying.
- I’m currently on antipsychotic medication, and I love it.
- I’ve worn glasses since I was 12 years old.
Find me online
- View the blog archives.
- Check out other blogs at the BlogList.Me directory.
- Interested in starting your own site?
- Background image is by Atle Mo from subtlepatterns.
This page was last updated on March 3, 2018.